Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Goose Bump Moment

This past Wednesday night while we were doing our normal group night with the kids, I had a "goose bump" moment while I was listening to one of our girls pray before we ate.

This particular girl, who is in her teens, has been with us now for 4-5 months. In remembering back to when I first met her, I recall thinking, "this poor girl is a MESS!". Truthfully, some of the things she said even scared me a bit. She has had a rough life and it was obvious. As much as my flesh wanted to protect my two young girls from some of the things she was saying, I knew that we needed to become a part of her life. She needed us!

Over the past few months, we have seen a HUGE change in her. She has become so sweet and has a level of peace about her that was not previously there. We haven't done anything extraordinary to cause that change in her- - -we just gave her our time, our love, and our consisitency.

I am so proud of her and as I listened to her praying last night, I got those wonderful goose bumps that I love to get when I witness our great God at work!!

I am so thankful for moments like these that encourage us to keep pushing on. We have many moments of discouragement and frustration in dealing with children from broken homes. It is really nice to get a small bit of encouragement now and then.

Thank you Lord!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very, very cool! Glad you got to see a glimpse of the difference you are making!!!